A clear phone case is a great way to show off your style. Yet, it can be challenging to keep them clean through daily use! If you are looking for the best way how to clean a clear phone case, this post includes step-by-step instructions on how to do so with soap and water, rubbing alcohol, or bicarbonate soda.
Why do clear phone cases turn yellow?
Clear phone cases are often made of plastics which when met with the oils we secrete out of our hands as well as long exposure to sunlight will often fade from a clear colour to a stained brown or yellow. This process can be slowed but, an important part of a phone case’s role is protecting your phone, so inevitably your case will degrade. Although your case won’t last forever, you can still keep clean and have it look great in the meantime!
Click the link for Unbeatable Mobile Phone Deals You Won't Want to Miss!
How to keep your clear case clean
Listed below are three methods that will help clean your case. not only will cleaning improve the hygiene of your case and device, regular cleaning of your case will keep it looking the best it can for as long as possible.
How to Clean a Clear Phone Case with Soap and Water:
Dish Soap is the best first step when it comes to cleaning a clear phone case. The main reason is dish soaps are usually mild and less harsh and abrasive than other cleaners.
- Fill up a bowl or basin with warm water and add some soap.
- Use a toothbrush or similar brush to scrub the soapy water across the case
- Use a soft cloth or the brush to clean off any built-up dirt or grime hiding in the corners or bevels. a brush will work best for getting into hard-to-reach parts of the case
- Rinse off the case with clean water
- wipe with a dry soft cloth and air dry until the moisture is gone
How to Clean a Clear Phone Case with Rubbing Alcohol:
Rubbing alcohol is great for stains or yellowing on a clear phone case. More importantly, will keep it clean, killing bacteria.
- Apply cleaning alcohol to a clean cloth
- Gently rub the cloth in a circular motion on the stains on your case
- Wipe away any residue with a clean cloth
- Air-dry until all moisture is gone
Alcohol wipes may also suffice in the cleaning process.
How to Clean a Clear Phone Case with Bicarbonate soda:
Bicarbonate soda is, surprisingly is a great way to remove stains from your phone case. if soap and cleaning alcohol don’t work bicarbonate soda, can be used.
- Pour some bicarbonate soda onto the stains on your device
- scrub the powder around your phone gently with a damp brush.
- Rinse the case with clean cold water
- Repeat the Steps with the Dish soap, to ensure there is no remaining bicarbonate soda on your case
Make sure no matter which method you decide to use the material you use to clean does not warn of discolouration.
Also, when finished, assure the case is fully dry before putting your phone back in it.
A damp case can damage your device. Leaving your case to dry in a non-humid area for at least an hour should suffice.
When may it be time for a new phone case?
When your phone case becomes stained from daily use, it may be time for a new one. If you’ve tried to clean your case using all three methods above, and that doesn’t restore its glow, it may be time for a replacement.
You can find a wide variety of phone cases available at The Big Phones Store’s Webstore! For the majority of smartphones on the market, We have cases in many colours and sizes!